I mentioned it in my previous post, but on Monday I am entering a 21 Day Fast along with several others from Rock City Church. As I mentioned, I will be fasting breakfast and lunch but eating dinner. I will also be fasting all Social Media. One of the big keys to this is replacing these items and this time with personal reflection, prayer and growth. So below is my list of the “partners” I will enter this fast with. Many of these are reviews that are either long overdue (because I’ve spent too much time on Social Media) or upcoming books I committed to review. Each one will have a different focus and message. So here we go….
1. The Quest Study Bible – I have this strange obsession with Bibles. I guess there are far worse things, but I have most of the various brands/versions. I know this one is probably targeted for a younger audience, but I never claimed to be mature. I love this Bible. The sidebar and footers are filled with common questions that I generally have when I read too. I can’t think of a better guide as I study in my quiet time (usually filled with tweets or scanning Facebook/Instagram). Specifically, I plan to spend the 21 Days studying the book of Nehemiah.
2. Draw The Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge by Mark Batterson
3.Not A Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
4. Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World by Craig Groeschel
5. Praying Circles Around Your Children by Mark Batterson
6. Who Is This Man? The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus by John Ortberg
6. Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples by Francis Chan
7. Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend by Andy Stanley
8. Simple Church: Returning to God’s Process of Making Disciples by Thomas Rainer
9. Who Do You Think You Are? Finding Your True Identity in Christ by Mark Driscoll
That’s a full list. I can’t complain about being bored or not having anything to occupy my time. How about you, what are you reading?