My Passport finally arrived today. I’m only a year late in getting it. I can now visit my teams in Canada, which is also a year overdue. As I was looking through my new treasure, I had the following random thoughts:
- The whole new electronic passport thing sort of weirds me out. Something about having RFID chips embeded in things has a whole lot of Revelation, end times, sci-fi movie theme to it.
- By the time this passport expires, I will be nearing the half century mark in age and my son will be an adult.
- It says a lot about our society that they want you to write your address, phone number and emergency contact information in pencil and your signature in pen.
- Interesting that they have not removed any of the references to God in the pages of the passport.
- I couldn’t help but think of the movie “While You Were Sleeping” and Sandra Bullock’s dream to have a stamp in her passport.
- I need to re-read the Declaration of Independence at least once a year.
- These words are timeless:
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”