Leaving A Church
Recently, I stumbled across a post from Pete Wilson, which he posted from Relevant Magazine, which I am posting now. With so many people I know that have either gone through the process or are going through the process of potentially leaving a church, I thought this was worth passing on. I’m not going to post this for debate or all of the reasons why, how, when and if. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I don’t care where people go on Sunday morning as long as they go (assuming the theology is accurate). If you’re growing where God places you then advancing the Kingdom should be our goal.
You can read Pete Wilson’s thoughts on the article (HERE). You can read the original Relevant Magazinearticle (HERE). The thing that stuck out to me were these questions to consider when leaving a church.
• Is there anything I can do to change the situation?
• Have I fully communicated my frustrations with someone in leadership?
• Is this really God’s prompting?
• Is my current situation unhealthy?
• How can I “leave with grace”?
• What options do I have for spiritual community elsewhere if I do move on?