What I’ve been up to…
Well it’s been 5 days and I figured I would give a little update. After the initial “shock and awe” wore off, I pretty much just went to work on my new normal….whatever that looks like. It’s the only thing I know. As I said, this is the first time I’ve not had a job of some kind since I was 14. I’ve never had to look for a job as a professional. Which I am seeing now was a HUGE blessing.
While I may not have a clue how, where or when this will end, I do know one thing about myself…idle time and boredom are NOT my friends. So here’s what I’ve been doing to keep myself busy:
- I called Bob Goff. If you’ve been around the blog/facebook/twitter, you know that the best book I ever read was “Love Does“. Bob was crazy enough to leave his cell phone number in the book. So I called. We had an amazing conversation and he is absolutely what he is in the book. My life is richer today from that 20-30 minute phone call. We may even talk again.
- Since I have a small window to take some wild risks, I applied at twitter today. If you know me, you probably understand why. I have no shot at getting that job. But hey….why not?
- I’ve sent emails, resumes and other requests to some crazy places. Again, why not? What do I have to lose? It actually lightens up an otherwise boring and discouraging process. They are small rays of hope in an otherwise monotonous task.
- I’ve even done some early looking into that whole “writing a book” process. Nothing to announce. Nothing to see here just yet. But I did some digging.
- In order to prepare the way for the bullet point above, I moved to a hosted blog site, made some upgrades and launched a facebook page.
It feels like I am at mile one of a half marathon. I know there is so much to see and some painful moments still ahead. I also know that logging those miles will be worth that finish. There will be high points and tough moments (there has already been both), but the strength comes from places you never knew existed.
I will abandon my dream, but not my God