Episode 188 is with Ethan Hammerberg of the Chicago White Sox. Ethan is a former teammate of my son in the summers. He was a pitcher at Upper Arlington and played locally at THE Ohio State University. His story of the journey from being dominant, to arm issues, recovery, being rebuilt as a pitcher and being drafted will inspire you. Thank you Ethan for your time and your friendship.
Ethan’s Bio – (Source)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2021)
- OSU Scholar-Athlete (2021)
- Appeared in 6 games during his sophomore season
- Struck out 9 batters across 5.2 total innings of work, finishing with a 6.35 ERA
- Did not allow an earned run across his last 4 outings of the year against Maryland, Michigan, Purdue and Northwestern, each of which lasted 1 inning.
- Made three appearances, posting a 5.40 ERA with seven strikeouts in 3.1 innings pitched
- Pitched a scoreless inning, striking out the side against Harvard (3/7)
- Tossed two scoreless innings, fanning four at North Florida (3/10)
Prior to Ohio State
- Three-year letterwinner for Tom Marker and Sam Clark at Upper Arlington High School
- Played summer ball for Bo Jackson Elite and coach Brandon Belli
- Son of Chris and Sue Hammerberg
- Older sister, Kayla, swam at Ohio State
- A business major