Somewhere in my jedi training, I stumbled across a list of “life” things to remember. I can’t remember where I found it, but it was sometime around my senior year in college. I printed it off and made it somewhat of a creed for myself. Since then, it has hung in my cubicle at my first job, in the bathroom of my apartment (when I was single 🙂 ) and most recently on our treadmill. It’s worn and tattered, but the words are still so true. Thought I would share it with you all as well. I didn’t write it, but hopefully I live at least half of these.
1. Compliment three people everyday
2. Watch a sunrise at least once a year
3. Be the first to say “hello”
4. Live beneath your means
5. Treat everyone like you want to be treated
6. Never give up on anybody; miracles happen
7. Forget the Joneses
8. Never deprive someone of hope. It may be all they have.
9. Pray not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
10. Be tough-minded but tenderhearted.
11. Be kinder then necessary
12. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
13. Keep your promises.
14. Learn to show cheerfulness, even when you don’t feel like it.
15. Leave everything better then the way you found it.
16. Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years
17. Remember that winners do what losers won’t do.
18. When you arrive at work, let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
19. Don’t rain on other people’s parade.
20. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.