If you’re like me, you are probably just about to go crazy after all of the “Black Friday” ads on TV today. The parade this morning was out of control. It was like a 3 hour commercial with a little parade mixed in occasionally. If you’re headed out in the morning or just making your own list and checking it twice, below are my recommendations for Christmas gifts this year. I’ve personally tested each one. They are lead free and will make great gifts. I highly recommend them all. Happy hunting!
1. “Iris to Iris” by Building 429. Might be my favorite CD this year. Can’t get enough of it.
2. “Remedy” by David Crowder Band. Ranks right next to “Iris to Iris”.
3. “Quiet Strength” by Tony Dungy. Best book I have ever read.
4. “When the Game is Over” by John Ortberg. Classic Ortberg book.
5. “All That is Within Me” by Mercyme. Not their best, but it’s Mercyme!
6. “Glory Revealed” by Various Artists. Another one of the best this year.
7. “The Pursuit of Happyness” with Will Smith on DVD. Incredible movie.
8. “Father Knows Best” by Wendell Jamison. A very entertaining book for dads with kids who have questions.
9. “Daughtry” by Daughtry. Excellent debut album from the former American Idol star.
10. “3:16” by Max Lucado. Had to sneak Max in here somewhere.
Other recommendations -“Ultimate Hits” by Garth Brooks, “The Altar & the Door” by Casting Crowns, “The Blessing” by John Waller, “This Moment” by Steven Curtis Chapman, “Sex God” by Rob Bell, “Facing Your Giants” by Max Lucado, “Portable Sounds” by Tobymac and “See the Morning” by Chris Tomlin.