I decided to start re-reading “Chasing Daylight” again last night. This is one of those books that should be required reading once a year. The message seems to always be very timely. Below are a few underlines from the first time I read this book.
- “There are things God does for you and things God waits for you to do. The journey begins when you choose. Stop wasting daylight. Choose a life of meaningful adventure. When you do, you will live in the epicenter of God’s activity”
- “Like Rahab, we are always just one choice from a different life. At our worst, good is only one decision away.”
- “Do what you know you should do, and you will know what to do. God clarifies in the midst of obedience, not beforehand”.
- “All of us pass a bit of ourselves on to others. You better like who you are and make what you give to others from yourself a gift and not a curse.”
- “The most important decisions of our lives will require us to forsake invisibility and risk becoming visible. Whenever you choose to seize divine moments, you move from invisibility to visibility.”
- “Many times when we claim we are waiting on God, He is waiting on us.”