Something in my eye
I was checking out my reader feeds tonight and this post on digg.com caught my eye. The post was dedicated to the “10 movies it’s okay for men to cry at“. To be honest, I have never even seen a majority of them. I got to thinking about my own list of such movies. As I was putting this together, I watched a few of the trailers on Youtube or IMDb and got a bit misty eyed all over again. I know there are more of them, but 10 is all that I am willing to admit to. Below are just a few that made me act like I had something in my eye. How about you? What were some of yours?
10. The Champ – Old school movie, but brutally sad.
9. My Girl – HATED this film! “Where are his glasses???”
8. The Bucket List – Nuff said.
7. Rocky III – When Mick died…
6. Click – TOO close to home.
5. Forrest Gump – “But I miss you Jenny”
4. The Family Man– What if you got a second chance?
3. The Outsiders – “Stay Gold Pony Boy”
2. Field of Dreams – “Dad…wanna have a catch?”
And the number one movie I will admit to crying at….
1. Brian’s Song – Gale Sayers acceptance speech gets me every time.
“I love Brian Piccolo and I’d like all of you to love him too. And tonight when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him.”