Who Cared The Most
I received this today via email from my friend Les. Thought I would share…
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners
3. Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor or Actress
6. Name the last decades worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now try this quiz:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier? The lesson is the people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards. They are simply the ones who cared the most.