If you have been following the journey, you probably already know that on Friday my wife and I are headed 2 hours west to Indianapolis, Indiana. Long before “4 in 4 weeks” was ever a dream, the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon was on the schedule. There are several reasons why this one will be special:
1. Our Corporate Headquarters are based in Indianapolis
2. Indy is like my second home due to the extended time I have spent there
3. I finally get to meet Matt Nelson. He and his wife were kind enough to open their home to us.
4. You actually run a portion of this race on the Brickyard 400 track in Indianapolis
5. People have always said “if there’s one to do, it’s this one”
So Saturday morning we will cross number 3 out of 4 off the list by completing this course. We have an extremely busy weekend so this trip will be short and I wish I could say the same for the run. My wife and I are looking forward to another journey in another city with new friends. I’ll have a recap next week. No decision yet if I’ll stop to kiss the bricks like I did when we went to the Brickyard 400 in 2008. I’m thinking I won’t be able to stand back up if I try it.
On the journey….